(Sequel to the post that follows this, I forgot how blogs work.)
I'm basically a Buddhist-with-extras these days, notably Adyashanti, Cheri Huber, and ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) work. (Don't tell Cheri I called her an "extra", LOL). Here's a list of everything I have found especially useful lately.
(Note: I tried to do this with the "link" thingie but none of the links came out, so I'm just giving titles, you can search on your own).
Best all around spiritual book, the one I come back to again and again, and it's by some guy who hasn't written much else, has no group, or anything but wow, what a set of teachings: The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer.
Cheri Huber for Beginners: How to Get From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be, and Suffering is Optional.
Cheri Huber for Zen Students (and Others): Sweet Zen.
Adyashanti, one of the greatest teachers of all time (note he gives a talk in Palo Alto every couple of months, don't miss it if you live around here): http://www.adyashanti.org/
My favorite Adyashanti book: True Meditation
ACT:
The Happiness Trap: How to Stop Struggling and Start Living by Russ Harris and Steven Hayes
Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life by Steven Hayes
And finally, one I'm currently reading that's a treasure trove of information about the human brain and why compassion practice is key to ending suffering and waking up: The Compassionate Mind by Paul Gilbert.
No comments:
Post a Comment